BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.54 > League V.54 Champs..Spanish Monsters BUILT to Take it all

League V.54 Champs..Spanish Monsters BUILT to Take it all

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/26/2012 01:41:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey BB guys from league v54..Naptown Pacers Guy here. After re-tooling with my roster and knowing my old guys were starting to decline I have went into somewhat rebuild and cut some salaries. I got a little more younger but held on to 2 31's yr olds and added a 32 yr old to get me into the season. Spanish Monsters are the real deal guys. I beat the smitherreens out of him in game 1 of the season and the next day..BAM!!! He loaded up with a Div 3 type of team. I'm going to give them a good shot but after seeing what they have done to other top shelf teams like Olmers (my fav team) who are pretty darn good "D" team, The reloaded Firefoxxx and of course Muggles, Court Murderers, Trip B23. It looks like he has the dudes to go all the way through div 4 and compete heavily in Div 3. By the way, we have all beaten the Spanish Monsters several times and I am IMPRESSED on how he has built this machine he has of a team. Im not crowning him yet, but he looks to be the toughest competition Ive seen...I also give props to Soul Legends and Firefoxx for adding some huge players as well. Right now things suck for the Naptown Pacers mainly b/c 2 of my high scorers are out for 2 weeks. Which is more like 3-4 weeks. But by the time they get back hopefully I can regain some momentum and get hot for the playoffs..At least its a little more competitive this season than last season, but OMG! I didnt think Monsters were going in total desert storm on everyone. Great Job Spanish Monsters on you're accomplishments so far. You have shown us or some of us a blueprint for success. Good luck to all during the 2nd half of the season. Hope everybody stays injury free and profitable.

This Post:
220810.2 in reply to 220810.1
Date: 07/08/2012 10:41:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Well its after all star break and i still have 3 of my main guys injured and lost one of my good trainees last night to Bash Barbarians who gave Naptown a good ole fashion A** Whoopin (Nice Game Buddy). Is it me or does Spanish Monsters look to be more of a D-2 or 3 team??? Bad-Ass is all I got to say. Man oh man, And now i have to face him in a couple of weeks. Probably without my injured guys which still wont make a diffrence. BUT..AS i said before. Spanish Monsters deserve it. They went through several seasons and getting whipped BUT had a plan, stuck to it and now he's set all through d-4 and maybe d-3...Nice Job!
It still looks like teams are getting stronger in both divisions, Olmers, Firefoxxxe, Naptown, Soul Legends are sneaking up as well in the Big 8 and the Great 8 is still a loaded division...Some of those teams are tricky to play as I learned from Bash last night. Now its Muggles for my Naptown Pacers this tues and I wish I can just get one of my injured guys back. Hell, even in good shape Muggles has played us tough in the past. Well. Again guys, good luck the rest of the way, hope for an injured free season. Spend you're money wisely.

This Post:
220810.3 in reply to 220810.2
Date: 07/13/2012 07:18:59
Muggles Basketball Club
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
hey mate, i wondered how i was able to beat your boys, i know it isn't my tactics as my team is in general decline now following my 2 years in the playoff finals - definitely is not going to be 3rd time lucky for me. my squad is carrying a few injuries too (can't believe why they're out for so long 2-3wk injuries!!).

Good luck for the remaining games. I think its still Spanish Monster's title to lose.... let's heap the pressure on him ;) hahaha

This Post:
220810.4 in reply to 220810.3
Date: 07/13/2012 16:38:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I was missing 4 of my main guys in that game but if you remember, I was 15 pts ahead of you and your guys got red hot and clocked me in the 4th qtr. It was a good comeback for you. As for Spanish Monsters..He's outta here after this season then its one of our turns. I actually took a step backwards early part of the season and sold off some really good guys i had but they were declining bec they were 32 and over. I did go out and bought me a 31 yr old PF who is tough and a vet point guard to play until my Trainee point guard get his areas popped higher. I also have an all around TRAINEE who can play shooting guard/small forward and power forward and he has looked absolutely awesome. Can't wait to bring his and my point guard AND my big man's ratings up by early next season as I will be pretty well dialed in and aiming for a championship

This Post:
220810.5 in reply to 220810.2
Date: 07/16/2012 14:13:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I took it on the jaw from Spanish Monsters SAT night and it wasnt pretty at all. That team is going to cruise into div 2 over the next couple of seasons. Might even the playing feild a little for the rest of us. I am still going through some rebuilding and recently stuck a couple of good players up for sale. I am basically trying to build a strong inside game and MORE defense. So hopefully by next season I will be strong with a couple added bigs and 2 of my trainees are coming along fine and will be HUGE "D" guys as well. We'd like to hear any plans other league V-54 teams are doing to win it all next season or any thoughts on the remainder of this season. I like what Soul Legends and Firefoxxx are doing so Olmers and myself will have our hands full with them. As for the Great 8, Muggles, Tripple, Court Murderers and Bash Barbarians will be tuff going forward - Unless they do a blow up like I did for financial purposes.